Friday, November 29, 2013

And It Blushed.

Greetings from the YWAM SE Conference in Talladega, Alabama!

Things here are fantastic, if not a little bit chilly.  It was 32 degrees when I woke up this morning.  I thought I'd moved back to Pullman or something! But anyway, I will be putting up a more detailed rambling post later, but I just wanted to share something really fast that our speaker said today that really stuck with me.  You've all heard the story about Jesus turning the water into wine.  It was his first miracle.  Many of you Im sure know the cultural significance of what it would have meant for the host to run out of wine at the wedding. It would have been humiliating. And whenever I hear sermons on this story, that is usually the angle they come from, but Jim said something I don't think I will ever forget. He simply said that what happened in that moment is that "The Creator spoke to the water, and the water blushed." 

No comments:

Post a Comment